Friday, July 15, 2016

Clean Sheets

I think I need a personal assistant. That, or I need to figure out how to get out of group texts on my phone. Or, no, basically I need a personal assistant. I cannot handle making plans with people.  I really never know what I am in the mood to do until the minute it is happening, for the most part. This has been a problem since I was old enough to make plans, throw group texts in the picture and I am like "how about I just stay in my pajamas and never leave my apartment instead?!" One of the group texts went on from 8:23 am to 11am just trying to figure out the day. I was beside myself.  There were so many group texts going on yesterday that yoga could not come fast enough.  The only thing I wanted was to do yoga and have clean sheets....

Okay, so sheets.

I like clean sheets. I change them once a week. I have laundry downstairs in my apartment but the other two tenants bought the machines and I am never exactly sure about using them so I usually do it at my parents' house when I visit.  Well, I was getting desperate on the sheet situation.  I love that freshly laundered scent! I really do! So, around mid-week I got out my lavender scented Lysol can and sprayed my sheets, figured it'd hold me over.  Despite the Lysol situation, I was still unsettled after another night.  So, I dropped them off at the laundromat to get cleaned as I went about my day.  The man asked how I was today. I mumbled, "Lysoled sheets, group texts, can't deal!" He told me he would try to help.

I left feeling better about life. I went to yoga.  My teacher asked how I was.  I naturally rambled more about sheets and group texts but talked about sheets being cleaned so maybe life is okay. Yoga helped.

I ate a lunch. I went for a walk. I did some work. I did some putzing.  I picked up my laundry. I did more putzing. I showered. I was all ready to make my bed with my clean sheets.  I went through my laundry bag. Where are my sheets?! WHERE ARE MY SHEETS?! Oh no! I looked on my messy bed....I never packed up my sheets to go to the laundromat.  I had taken them haphazardly off my bed and just left them in a crumpled pile.  I was not pleased.  I looked for more sheets. Yellow sheets, I have yellow sheets! Where are my yellow sheets? Oh, I can't find my yellow sheets! Okay, well flannel sheets. I have flannel sheets. This is not ideal for it was a 90 degree day and still rather steamy but hey when the going gets tough....I looked everywhere. I found my flannel pillowcases in a plastic bedding bag. Cheddar (cat) gets all up in the bag. Chaos ensues.  I have no sheets and my cat is suffocating himself in a plastic bag. I remove said cat. Thankfully, my cousin lives down the street and has an extra set I can borrow. I get to her house just as she's texting me:"Soooo the sheets have been in my closet....so they smell kind of funky." Of course they do. They did smell kind of funky but at it least it was a new funky.  Anyway, that guy at the laundromat really must have thought I had a few screws loose since I told him I needed my Lysoled sheets cleaned and I didn't actually include any sheets with my order.

In other news, Amazon Prime Deals Day was Wednesday.  I'm so excited that my toilet paper came in!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment